25 November 2007

the wal-mart race.

Forethought: The past two nights I've had my laptop prepped for immediate typing once I woke up, so that no details of my dream were forgotten. However, in a depressing turn of events, I've been unable to really remember either of my dreams for either night. Yesterday morning I was quite dejected that I had nothing to post here... then this morning, after going back to sleep (or perhaps just resting my eyes?) I was able to remember some.

So here goes my first dream blog, which I'll tag as a 'mini-dream', since I've remembered it in snippits.


Pre-dream thoughts: n/a. I do not remember thoughts going through my head before bed, but I was up until 3am making cast gifts for the show I'm currently Stage Managing, Company.


The Dream:
-I distinctly being in a grocery store with Brandon Meeks, a member of my cast, a good friend, and a very awesome guy. In said dream, I believe he was having problems with his girlfriend, who is also a good friend of mine, and an extremely awesome person. Brandon was helping me with the contest (mentioned next) I was working on, and I was giving him support about his girlfriend.
-The contest I was in required cooking several things very quickly. It was in the Wal-Mart in Murray, my home town, which is set up 'backwards' from just about every other Wal-Mart there is. Since it's been so long since I've shopped there, and because it was dream world, it was extremely confusing. I mostly remember my mother yelling at me to hurry up and that I'd forgotten the Jell-o. I also remember pulling out a tray to cook the Jell-o in (after I found it in that devil Wal-Mart), but it was frozen with something else in it.
-I distinctly remember a very gross something on my skin. Over my right shoulder was a black patch, and there was mold growing on said patch. I remember feeling diseased.


Afterthoughts: While I've no idea what this dream means, I'm sure it was brought on by 1) my writing a good luck/thank you note to Brandon last night, 2) the fact that I enjoy grocery shopping and cooking, and 3) the fact I'm under so much stress (and the fact that my mom stresses me out more than anything else. Ever.

The black patch... I don't know what that was about. I do remember thinking that I needed to shower once I woke up, so perhaps it was that subconscious thought as I slept.

It wasn't the most interesting dream I'd ever had, but I am glad that I remember more of it as I typed it out than I'd initially thought.

So starts the run of crazy dreams.

No comments: